Defence is committed to building a collaborative and connected transition ecosystem that supports the individual needs of Australian Defence Force (ADF) members and their families.
The Veteran Transition Strategy is a joint initiative between Defence, Department of Veterans’ Affairs, and Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation. It was developed through extensive consultation and engagement, including with current and former serving ADF members and their families.
The strategy identifies 6 priority areas that support positive transition outcomes for members and their families. These focus on empowering veterans and their families to:
- plan and prepare for transition early
- access a range of needs based support programs across the ecosystem
- engage family and other significant support people in the transition process
- access employment and skill based training aligned with their professional development goals
- achieve a sense of financial wellbeing
- feel that their service is formally recognised and valued.
The strategy launched on 22 August 2023 by the Honourable Matt Keogh MP, The Minister for Defence Personnel and the Minister for Veterans Affairs’.